*Copyright permission pending - if interested in this measure, please contact us to discuss possible additional charges associated with this particular instrument
Additionally, as the certified partner of the International Consortium for Health Outcomes Measurement (ICHOM), OutcomeMD works to respect ICHOM’s recommended PROMs for cataracts and macular degeneration when possible.
For ophthalmologic conditions that encompass more than one patient area or domain (orbital floor fracture + pain + general quality of life), OutcomeMD has developed clusters of multiple PROs based on validated medical literature. With our PRO clusters, you will always have a comprehensive view of how your patient is progressing.
The value of OutcomeMD to Ophthalmology:
- Provide comprehensive care management by using patient reported outcome (PRO) data to identify possible clinical pathways post-surgery
- In patients who completed PRO measures (PROMs) to assess dry eye and visual symptoms before and after LASIK surgery, nearly half reported new visual symptoms post-surgery. This highlighted the importance of counselling patients pre-surgery about possible short-term effects related to new visual symptoms.1
- Identify and engage in best practices to meet patient needs
- Use of PROM data contributed to the NICE guideline recommending bevacizumab for the treatment of age-related macular degeneration2
- Collecting PRO data before and after cataract surgery revealed large variations in data, influenced by factors including the degree of anisometropia, indication for surgery, and postoperative problems.3 Creation of these tailored profiles is useful in understanding how a patient will respond to surgery.
Did your patient have a great outcome? With OutcomeMD, your patients with good outcomes can now publicly celebrate their improvement with ease by posting on their social media accounts (lead generation) and on your review sites (reputation management)!
1Eydelman M, Hilmantel G, Tarver ME, et al. Symptoms and satisfaction of patients in the patient-reported outcomes with laser in situ keratomileusis (PROWL) studies. JAMA Ophthalmol 2017;135(1):13-22.
2Macular Degeneration Appendix H: GRADE tables and meta-analysis results. 2018. Available from: http://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/ng82/evidence/appendix-h-grade-tables-and-metaanalysis-results-pdf-4723229205.
3Mollazadegan K, Lundström M. A study of the correlation between patient-reported outcomes and clinical outcomes after cataract surgery in ophthalmic clinics. Acta Ophthalmol 2015;93(3):293–8.